Education is an important part of any society. With the Lycee Francais De New York, you’ll get to experience a high-quality education system with a unique French-American twist! Learn everything there is to know about this school in this article and find out why it’s such a great place for students.
Introduction to the Lycee Francais de New York
The Lycee Francais de New York is a private, independent school located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. The school was founded in 1963 by a group of French educators and parents who wanted to provide a bilingual and bicultural education to their children. The Lycee offers a unique educational experience, blending the best of French and American pedagogy.
The Lycee has a long tradition of academic excellence, and its graduates have gone on to attend top colleges and universities around the world. The school’s curriculum is rigorous and challenging, and it provides students with an excellent foundation for further study. In addition to its strong academic program, the Lycee also offers a wide range of extracurricular activities, from sports to drama to community service.
The Lycee Francais de New York is committed to providing its students with a well-rounded education that prepares them for success in college and beyond. If you are looking for an extraordinary educational experience for your child, the Lycee Francais de New York is definitely worth considering!
Curriculum and Programs Offered
The Lycee Francais de New York offers a rigorous and well-rounded curriculum that is based on the French national curriculum. The school provides an education that prepares students for the demanding challenges of an increasingly globalized world.
The school offers a variety of programs that allow students to explore their interests and develop their talents. These programs include:
- A rigorous academic program that is based on the French national curriculum.
- A wide range of extracurricular activities, including sports, clubs, and cultural events.
- A strong commitment to service learning and civic engagement.
- A dynamic and supportive community of faculty, staff, and parents.
Benefits of Attending the Lycee Francais de New York
When it comes to choosing the right school for your child, there are many factors to consider. But if you’re looking for a top-notch education with a global perspective, the Lycee Francais de New York is worth a close look.
Here are just a few of the benefits of attending the Lycee Francais de New York:
- An International Education: The Lycee Francais de New York offers a truly international education, with students coming from over 60 different countries. This diverse student body provides a unique and enriching learning environment.
- A Bilingual Education: All classes at the Lycee Francais de New York are taught in both French and English, so students graduate bilingual and biliterate. This gives them a significant advantage when it comes to college and career opportunities.
- A rigorous Academic Program: The Lycee Francais de New York’s academic program is challenging and rigorous, preparing students for success in college and beyond. Students take courses in all major academic disciplines, including math, science, history, language arts, and foreign languages.
- A nurturing Environment: The Lycee Francais de New York is committed to providing a supportive and nurturing environment for all its students. Small class sizes ensure that each student receives individualized attention, while extracurricular activities provide ample opportunity for socialization and personal growth.
Admission Requirements and Process
The Lycee Francais de New York is a private, independent school that offers a bilingual French and English education to students in grades Pre-K through 12. The school is located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
To be admitted to the Lycee Francais de New York, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 3 and 18
- Pass a language proficiency test (if applicable)
- Submit an application form with supporting documentation
The admission process for the Lycee Francais de New York is as follows:
- Schedule an appointment for a tour and interview by calling the Admissions Office at (212) 744-2066 or emailing [email protected].
- Attend the tour and interview. Families will be notified of their child’s admission status within two weeks of their interview.
- If your child is accepted, you will receive an enrollment contract along with instructions on how to complete the enrollment process.
- Upon receipt of the signed contract and deposit, your child’s spot in the class will be reserved.
Tuition and Fees
The Lycee Francais De New York is a private, nonprofit school that serves students in grades K-12. The school is located in the Upper East Side of Manhattan and offers a bilingual French-English curriculum.
Tuition for the 2019-2020 school year is $49,500 for kindergarten through 8th grade and $52,000 for 9th through 12th grade. There is also a one-time new student fee of $3,000. Financial aid is available for families who qualify.
The Lycee Francais De New York is committed to making quality education accessible to all families. For more information on tuition and fees, or to apply for financial aid, please visit their website or contact the admissions office.
School Facilities, Resources, and Extracurricular Activities
The Lycee Francais de New York is a private, independent school that offers a French-American curriculum to students in preschool through 12th grade. The school is accredited by the French Ministry of Education and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Lycee Francais de New York has two campuses: the Upper East Side campus on East 75th Street and the Upper West Side campus on West 89th Street. The Upper East Side campus includes a preschool, elementary school, and middle school, while the Upper West Side campus includes a high school.
The Lycee Francais de New York offers a variety of facilities and resources to its students. The school has two libraries, one on each campus, which offer a collection of more than 30,000 books in both French and English. The school also has science laboratories, art studios, music rooms, and computer labs. In addition to these facilities, the Lycee Francais de New York also has an outdoor playground and a gymnasium.
The Lycee Francais de New York offers a variety of extracurricular activities for its students. These activities include sports teams, clubs, and service organizations. The sports teams at the Lycee Francais de New York compete against other schools in the area in both French and English leagues. The clubs offered at the Lycee Francais de New York include chess club, drama club, environmental club, yearbook club, and
Testimonials from Alumni
The Lycee Francais De New York alumni are a very tight-knit community. They are passionate about their experience at the school and are quick to recommend it to others.
“My daughter has been attending the Lycee for 3 years now and we couldn’t be happier. The school provides an excellent education, but more importantly, it instills a love of learning in its students. We highly recommend it!” – parent of a current student
“My son graduated from the Lycee last year and is now attending college. He credits the Lycee with giving him a strong foundation in both academics and social skills. We are so grateful to the school for all it did for him.” – parent of a graduate
“I attended the Lycee myself and can attest to its excellent educational standards. The teachers are top-notch and really care about their students. I would highly recommend the Lycee Francais De New York to anyone looking for a great French immersion experience.” – alumni
- What is the Lycee Francais de New York?
The Lycee Francais de New York is a French international school located in New York City. The school serves students from pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade, and offers a rigorous academic curriculum based on the French national education system.
- What is the history of the Lycee Francais de New York?
The Lycee Francais de New York was founded in 1963 by a group of French expatriates living in New York City. The school was initially housed in a rented brownstone on the Upper East Side, but soon outgrew its space and relocated to its current home on the Upper West Side.
- Who attends the Lycee Francais de New York?
The Lycee Francais de New York serves a diverse population of students from across the city. While the majority of students are of French or Belgian descent, the school also enrolls students from other backgrounds, such as American, Canadian, and African.
- What language(s) are spoken at the Lycee Francais de New York?
All instruction at the Lycee Francais de New York is conducted in French. However, English is also spoken throughout the school, and students are required to take English classes starting in fifth grade. In addition, many teachers are bilingual and can provide instruction in both languages.
The Lycee Francais de New York is an exemplary school that provides quality education for students of all backgrounds. With dedicated faculty and staff, a wide range of classes and activities, and a commitment to cultivating students into global citizens, it’s no wonder why the Lycee Francais de New York is one of the top schools in America. Whether you’re looking to enroll your child or just want to learn more about this exceptional institution, make sure to check out what they have to offer.