Fans have begun to play Weddle, the NFL’s new Wordle, and share their findings on social media.
Wordle is a popular web-based word game that you’ve probably heard of. It began tiny but grew in popularity globally by the beginning of 2022, eventually being acquired by the New York Times, where it is presently hosted.
The principle is simple: you have six attempts to guess a five-letter word. Green squares indicate the correct letter in the correct location, whereas yellow squares indicate the correct letter in the incorrect location.
The colour grey denotes that it isn’t in the response at all. We’ve seen a number of sports-themed Wordle variants recently, and now there’s Weddle, an NFL-themed variation.
The new Weddle Game Wordle
Weddle is here to put your NFL knowledge to the test if you have a few hours to spare. The only difference between Weddle and Wordle is that you have to guess the name of an NFL player.
The game is named after free safety Eric Weddle, who returned from retirement to help the Los Angeles Rams win Super Bowl LVI last season. Soon after his Super Bowl victory, Weddle retired for the second time, but at least he now has Weddle to keep him occupied.
This is how you play it.
- In as few attempts as possible, guess the NFL player.
- Only wide receivers, running backs, quarterbacks, and tight ends will be considered for the solution.
- The colour of the tiles will change after each guess, based on how near your guess was to the player.
- Green indicates a match in any column.
- The proper conference, but not the correct division, is represented by yellow in the division column.
- The colour yellow indicates that the accurate number is within 2 (inches, years, numbers) of the player’s height, age, and weight.